Monday, March 8, 2010

An End of an Era

This will probably be my last blog post for a while as I prepare to slip under the radar here. Things have gotten a bit spooky as far as finances and business goes. I wont even mention the immigration issue as it gets even spookier. I want to wish a big thanks to all my readers and friends for following my life here in southeast Asia so far, and I hope to continue blogging at some point in the future. For the time being, maintaining a constant internet connection is no longer cost effective and the time has come to fly low and try to make it to the next stopping point wherever that may be. Returning to the states is no longer an option, and it seems that my bridges have been burned when it comes to my old life in the west. I am thankful for all the new friends and family that I have met here, but I will have to make the next leg of this journey on my own. I'm not sure exactly where that will take me, but my days here are numbered. I've already received more kindness and generosity here than I ever thought possible, but the time has come to "keep my head down" and figure out what to do next. I've made my share of mistakes here, but also had some amazing experiences as well. I would not trade a single minute for anything else. I hope that the next step will offer the same. I wish everyone well, and I hope to continue this story on the flipside of wherever it takes me.

Best of luck to all,
Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment