Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Once again, another western holiday has managed to sneak up on me. The stores aren't littered with chocolate bunnies, Easter baskets, or the ever annoying plastic green grass stuffing. The Easter bunny didn't hide any eggs, and the Easter dinner consisted of a Thai omelet over rice with a heaping helping of chili peppers and hot sauce. At least I found a way to get an egg in there somewhere. I actually had missed the boat altogether and it wasn't until late in the evening when I checked my email and realized it was Easter. Some of the "high class" tourist joints were advertising "Easter Dinner", but I tend to eat in the "low class" and sometimes "no class" places. It's literally 1/10th the price of the foreigner friendly shops and the food is so much healthier. I get my share of funny looks when I'm eating at places like Somphet Market, but I'm quite used to that by now.

Happy Easter Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment