Monday, May 23, 2011

Chiang Mai Post Picks up the Story

It´s been nearly two months now, and the local press has finally picked up the story. We actually do have a bi-monthy English newspaper here. All 12 pages of it. The issue out this week has an article addressing the local immigration crackdowns that I have been caught up in. The issue is not yet available online, so I grabbed some photos as best I could when I got a copy for myself. Don´t let the front page photo scare you. I wasn´t in the burning car pictured. The article pertaining to my situation is back on page 8. Hopefully the photos are clear enough for you to read some of the text. The photos below have been placed on Facebook and also here on Blogger. I tried to get them clear enough to read the pertinent parts, but you may need to download the full images to read the text.

Front Page. Story on P.8 titled ¨When is it Work?¨.

Full Pg. 8 Article

Headline and quote from a spectator on the night of the arrest.

I´ll let you figure which one is me.

Look for the line ¨reasonable commercial success¨. Nice to be recognized in the press that we were a good band, but not exactly the outcome we had hoped for.

That´s all for now here. Just trying to digest the idea of this whole thing going public on a local level. There is another provincial full color English monthly magazine put out here and distributed throughout northern Thailand as well. They contacted me, but I declined to do an interview. They are planning their own expose´ on the story, but I chose to stay low profile. I´ll see what the reaction is on this publication before considering any further media involvement. The press is a funny animal and a double edged sword as I learned back in the states. It is even more so here.

I hope everyone is well, and I just keep plugging along here as best I can under the circumstances. My stress level is about a 6 out of 10 with the recent media coverage. Brings it all back into my concious thinking that, yes, it is serious and it´s going to get very ugly before it gets any better.


No comments:

Post a Comment