Monday, October 26, 2009

Riding the Razor's edge

The future is still up in the air here, but at least the evening went well. I played three gigs with the reggae band, made a few Baht, and made it home safe on the back of my buddy's motorbike. The only thing I can imagine scarier than being a passenger on a motorcycle in this place is actually driving one! I usually just close me eyes, and wait for it to be over. Accidents happen, and it's usually the single mother packing 3 kids on a scooter and trying to talk on her cell phone at the same time. I've given up hope on the Chonburi job and have focused on my contacts at the schools here in Chiang Mai. I have enough experience and a few papers to get a decent position if I play my cards right. In hindsight, I should have taken this route a month ago instead of chasing something that was too good to be true. I'm riding the razor's edge when it comes to money at the moment, but the landlady is happy for another day or two. Day to day turns into minute by minute around here sometimes. Thankfully, I have a bed to sleep in tonight and enough money for breakfast in the morning. I'll take the rest from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment