Monday, November 30, 2009

Strange Sensations

It's hard to believe that this is still the same place I crash landed in three months ago. I woke up early as always. I had some water and an orange before heading out for my morning walk. The cool season is now in full effect, and this morning I experienced something very unusual. For a couple weeks now, I have been making fun of the locals as they dress up like Eskimos whenever the temperature dips below 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Upon stepping outside my building this morning I actually felt the sensation of cold!! The overnight temperature had dropped to 66 degrees Fahrenheit, and I found myself scrambling back inside to find some long pants. It was only one month ago that I couldn't go outside during the heat of the day for fear of boiling my brain in the intense heat and humidity. The concept of actually feeling cold while this close to the equator still seems absolutely ridiculous, but I suppose I'll get used to it about the time that the whole country turns into an oven again.

No comments:

Post a Comment