Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Final Blog Post

The time here is getting short. Very short. I have done my best to upload what files I can and make arrangements for what few things I needed done here before I am taken back into the custody of his majesties finest. I have notified the US Consulate here as to my current status. They thanked me for the update, wished me luck, and said "have a nice day". I didn't expect anything more than that. I do have a little help with the translation and interpretation details tomorrow. It's not ideal, but between my Thai and their English we will have to make due. I just want to make sure I have an understanding of things as they play out in the coutroom.

It doesn't look pretty, but in the grand scheme of things, it hasn't looked great for a long while. I'll see you all on the flipside of somewhere. Exactly where that will be, I still don't know. Thanks for the memories everyone.

To all those who I've met along the way: I was honored to have you met you and shared a small piece of my life you.

To all those I have recently managed to re-connect with: It was also an honor, and I deeply regret the circumstances surrounding the regained connection.

To all future readers: Please do not read this blog and it's archives and get any ideas about future plans for yourself. The path I have taken on this journey has been most dangerous, difficult and even life threatening. It has been fraught with heartache, disillusionment, and despair. Yes, I made some incredible and profound progress in understanding myself and the world around me, but the emotional, physical, and mental price has been immense. This price has nothing to do with money. You pay for it in blood, bone, muscle, scars and tears.

For all the thoughts in my head, I have little more to write about at the moment. I have volumes that I would like to speak, and only a few minutes and paragraphs to put them down to words. I wish all of you the best. Take care of each other out there, and most of all, be true to yourselves.

Signing off indefinitely,
Matt - Expat-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment