Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tentative Travel Plans

Just the end of another weekend here. I'm still alive, still kicking and still waiting. I've been keeping a close eye on flight patterns and prices going back to the states. Prices seem to bounce all over the place. Not knowing when exactly I will have to go makes it nearly impossible to plan for, but I just try to watch the schedules as they fit to the needs I have. Here's what I have so far.

First of all, (due to deportation regulations) any flight I take cannot land anywhere in the kingdom of Thailand as a layover. That alone makes it a bit tricky, but I have found an alternative to flying through Bangkok down south.

Korean Air #668 flies from here in ChiangMai to Seoul, South Korea....and cheap! They only do it twice a week, but they do make the flight on Thursdays and Sundays. This flight number is pretty certain, and will most likely be my first step back.

Step two will be from Korea back to somewhere (anywhere) in the states. I will most likely be getting whatever happens to be affordable and available at the moment. That is the part that has my head spinning at the moment trying to find the flight numbers I might need. The three front runners on price alone at this point are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Honolulu.

The one thing that I have to consider is that I will be hitting the ground running with maybe a few dollars in my pocket when I get back. Getting back in one piece is priority one. Priority number two will be finding work so I can stay that way. Honolulu is probably going right out the window due to the cost of living. So, most likely it will be L.A. or Vegas. Neither of which I am particularly fond of, but beggars can't be choosers. My chances of finding some work and making a little money are a bit better there.

Flight prices are ranging anywhere from $900 to $1,600. That is a HUGE divide. I can probably pull off the $900 flight, and have seen a few of those deals come and go already. As always, it's going to come down to the wire and what is available on the day I have to go. It's really driving me up the wall not being able to act on this and having the whole thing up in the air. For now, I just try to keep up on the latest info.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment