Friday, August 19, 2011

BREAKING NEWS!! New Court Order

I just got word this afternoon that my paperwork is finally finished at the courthouse. Today is Friday, so they have requested that I come in and pick it up on Monday the 22nd. I don't have much more detail than that at the moment, and I probably won't until I actually get there and get the court order handed over to me.

The most likely scenario is that I will be picking up the paperwork on Monday and may need to arrange a flight on the same day. I will need to personally deliver the court order papers to the local police who still have my passport. The US Consulate here has agreed to help coordinate with the local police to ensure what hopefully will be a smooth transition of paperwork and protocol. I am still unsure of whether or not I will be taken into custody again while they sort out the next step, but I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to act on my own behalf through the process.

Bottom line is that I could be on a flight back to the states as early as Monday or Tuesday. I have a lot of mixed emotions going through my mind at the moment, and just trying to stay focused on the task at hand is certainly not easy. Money is still pretty tight for getting a ticket out, but it looks like I might just squeeze through. It's going to be close.

More news will be up as soon as I get it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment