Friday, August 12, 2011

Paypal Refunds on Donations

Sometimes it really feels like everything is working against me lately. Today it's Paypal who doesn't seem very helpful. I have issued refunds on most recent donations made to my account. Paypal has a policy that without a current bank account or credit card on file with them, I cannot send or transfer any funds. I have not had either one for nearly two years. They just now figured that out and placed sending restrictions on my account. An hour on Skype and several emails got me nowhere, so I had no choice but to start issuing refunds. I had previously always been able to transfer funds to a friend's Paypal account here who could in turn move it to a Thai bank account and withdraw in cash accordingly. This is no longer an option. I had no way of moving the funds out of the account, so refunds have been issue for most recent donations.

I have taken down the donation buttons and legal defense fund page. DO NOT send any funds or donations to my Paypal account. It will be useless and any payments will be immediately refunded as I have no way to transfer the funds to Thailand or anywhere else for that matter.

My mood is not good at the moment, as I get closer and to the inevitable deportation. Thankfully, some local friends have chipped in some as well, but this puts a huge dent in my fund to get out in one piece. I'm not sure how I'm going to address this, but if anyone has any ideas, I would be more than happy to hear them. After all this time and all I've been through, I think I would be used to setbacks by now, but it never gets any easier

This week, I got a temporary reprieve from deportation due to a national holiday. It's the Queen's birthday today and subsequently Mother's Day in Thailand. Three and four day weekends for most government offices. From the sound of things at the courthouse earlier this week, everything will be back on track and up to speed on Monday. It's a small miracle that my deportation order has taken this long, but I am pretty sure that my luck has pretty run out on delays.

Adding to it all is the voice in the back of my head is constantly reminding me that once I get out of Thailand, then the really rough stuff starts.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment