Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hitting the road

It's down to the end game for me and the Kingdom of Thailand. I will be flying out in just about 24 hours of this post. After nearly two years, I must admit that leaving this place is going to be bittersweet despite the hardships I have had here. This country, it's culture and it's people saved my life when I was in my darkest hour. For those who remember the "old me" from those days, it wasn't a pretty sight. I've come a long way since then, and returning to the states makes me a bit fearful of slipping back into that place. I've got to be strong and stay focused to make this transition back into western culture and society. I could probably write volumes at the moment with all the thoughts running through my head, but I will try to keep this short and save the rest for the book.

I currently have a flight leaving the Kingdom Thursday night, but as of yet, I still have not been able to get my passport back. I am hoping another trip to the police station in the morning will resolve this once and for all. It's an essential piece of this puzzle that has to fall into place within the next 24 hours or the whole thing falls apart. I am fairly confident that things will go smoothly tomorrow, but I've been told it will be a full day of paperwork and formalities. I call it the "Thai tap dance" where you run around government buildings from office to office and get papers stamped signed and what not.

More news to follow soon, and the next blog post will most likely be from Korea as I make my first pit stop on the way back to the US.

Stay safe out there everybody and be good to each other.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment