Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Day after: Part 2

As promised, it´s time for part two. Now, down to business. My internet time here is about to become somewhat limited again. I´ve been very lucky these last few months to have good access while things have been difficult in every other area. An hour of internet access at an internet or gaming shop can cost as much as a decent meal here, so I will need to start making very selective use of my time online. I have done my best to write constantly lately and store up as much information as possible digitally here on the blog. If the worst happens, then this information will continue to post on a predetermined schedule even if I am unable to access my blog or email. Most details will be coming up on this in the very near future.

First it is on to the details that I can make public.

When I made bail, it was thanks to a collection of very good friends here in Thailand. It is thanks to them that I am able to write this very post. This leaves me and them in a very precarious position. They posted 50,000 in local currency to get me out while I await a final court decision. Now that things are taking so long, it has put them into a situation of hardship as well. The bail bond money they posted was intended for children´s school tuition. Having it tied up in the courts indefinitely has made things difficult for them. At some point I may need to voluntarily remand myself back to the courts so they can get their money back and keep the kids in school.

Now for the stuff that I have to keep locked down.

No comments:

Post a Comment