Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moving along

Once again, I am on the move. This time it´s just a temporary shift further into the northern part of the city. In about a week, I´ll be headed even further north to what should be my semi permanent place for at least another few weeks. Things are still up in the air as far as my future here, so putting down any kind of roots in one place is a bit tricky. It´s a dangerous feeling when I start to get comfortable. That´s how I know things are about to get turned upside down again. I just hope for the best and plan for the worst.

I still have some limited internet access, but it´s not great by any means. There´s only one thing worse than not having an internet connection. That is an internet connection that is so slow or unreliable it becomes more frustrating to use than anything else. For the time being, I am back to operating out of apps and docs through a portable flash drive that I plug into a PC with USB and a connection when find one. Handy little item I picked up a few years ago, and managed not to lose so far.

As for the not so distant future, things are still up in the air. I have been trying to learn more about the legal process here and keep myself out of too much additional trouble. I have also had another job offer, but it would require a less than legal jump to yet another country. I´m not particularly a big fan of that idea, but I´ll do what I have to in order to survive if it comes right down to it. On one hand I risk rotting away in a third world prison because I can´t get legal representation. On the other I have another dirty job in another backward place. I´m not really liking either choice at this point. I´ve worked hard to get my head above water here, and the idea of starting all over again pains me to no end.

That´s all for now. I´ll post again when the connection is good enough.

Take care everyone, and be good to each other.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment