Friday, April 1, 2011

Dinner with Friends

Once again, alot of running around and reading up on various aspects of the local law. Last night was an absolute treat as I had a somewhat quiet dinner with some close friends. I was joined by Nid, Goong, Dik, Tik, Om, and O. I was a nice but brief break from all the stress and chaos that has been going on here. They did their best to cheer me up and I even found myself smiling and laughing once or twice.

Tomorrow will be a very busy day as I make my way from here in Chang Puak district across the old city, over the Mae Ping river and then on to Nong Hoi where I have a meeting with ¨big boss Pang¨. He still owes me some money from a job last month, but I just haven´t had the time to get over there. He may also be able to give me some advice on my current situation. Later in the afternoon, I´ll be back in the city and hopefully get in touch with a dutch friend of mine who is just back from Switzerland. He´s always been one with a lot of local influence and might be able to help me out as well.

That´s all for now. I´m going to try and catch up on some emails, get some sleep, and get on the road. If anybody is able or wants to call me from the states, you can get my mobile number here in Thailand by calling 011-66-085-714-2702. Just please remember the 14 hour time dfference if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment