Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Monday

Not much time for a post this evening, but I´m doing OK. I´ve been all over today doing what I have to in order to get by to make a living, and gain what information I can along the way. I´ve picked up a few tidbits today, and I´ll do my best to share them in the next day or so if I can. I´m still waiting on the call from the good folks at the local courts, so it´s still a waiting game at this point. When it hits, it will hit like a freight train at 120 KPH sending me to who knows where, so I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Today, I had two challenges. The first was the current netbook I am working with. It´s very small with a small keyboard which happens to be Spanish, and on a Spanish Linux OS. The shift, alt, and ctrl keys all give me wierd stuff with all the funny spanish accents above letters and such. To make matters worse, the ¨I¨ and ¨R¨ keys only work with EXTREME pressure applied. Adding injury to insult is the complete absense of a working ¨number seven¨ key. Please note that I had to spell that instead of simply hitting the number seven. Geez... My second challenge was finding a printer today. Internet cafes are a dime a dozen here, but finding one with a printer that is not A: out of ink, B: out of paper, or C: just plain broken within a 5 KM radius proved to be quite difficult and I´m pretty sure I put on at least 10 KM in walking alone today. In the end, I walked 20 or more kilos to spend 3 cents to have one page printed. Thankfully, the weather was beautifull, so I didn´t mind all that much.

OK, enough complaining for the day. Time get some sleep and do it all over again.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment